I’m hyperactive and unfocused at the moment.
I have a deadline to meet so I won’t post again until the story is done. I’ve even bribed/blackmailed myself with the pledge that I can’t read Alan Bennett’s The Uncommon Reader, which I bought the other day, until I’ve submitted the story.
Current distractions (outside earning a living):
- Very funny tweets by @50ShedsofGrey (Sorry, 50Sheds, my e-reader’s not a Kindle, so I won’t be buying the e-book. This reminds me of the old Beta versus VHS era. Most of you are too young to remember. Before streaming video, file sharing and DVDs, we had video cassettes and the VHS Video Cassette Recorder was the Kindle of the day, i.e. market leader.)
- Rake on ABC TV. My mind keeps going back to Garry McDonald’s character, a retired English teacher who gatecrashes corporate and government meetings to ridicule their meaningless, “blue-sky thinking” weasel words. On a related note, check out Crystal Mark’s gobbledygook generator.
- Rave reviews for Rupert Everett playing Oscar Wilde in David Hare’s The Judas Kiss. I’d beg director Neil Armfield to bring the production to Australia if I knew which window to plead under.
- This is your brain on Jane Austen, and Stanford researchers are taking notes
- A Life with Books. He’s missing in action. Either no-one has picked him up, or they’ve shelved him.
- Ryan Chapman on using Fifty Shades of Grey in real life